Florence Utilities Customer Service
110 W. College Street
P.O. Box 877
Florence, AL 35631
Telephone: (256) 760-6512; Fax: (256) 760-6322
Our Customer Service staff is ready and willing to assist you in making your utility experience in our service area a pleasant one.
Our representatives are available 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with offices on the first floor of the Municipal Building (110 W. College Street). Dispatching service is available for after-hour emergencies and problems. Please contact us if we can be of service in the following areas or if you have a question about the Utility Department.
- Requests for new and existing service
- Connections and disconnections of service
- Changes or up-grades in service
- Customer problems
- Questions about billing and other services
Florence Utilities application process includes electricity, gas, water/wastewater and/or garbage services. A commercial utility deposit is required for all businesses. Consumer must be at least nineteen (19) years old to sign for utility service. The following information must be provided.
- Two forms of identification - Valid driver's license or state identification card and social security card
- Copy of lease or rent receipt, if property is not owned
- A notarized application is required if it is not signed in person at Florence Utilities
- Authorization is required if an officer of the company does not make application for utility service
Submit all applications & forms to:
City of Florence Utilities
Municipal Building, Room 106
110 West College Street
Florence, AL 35630
Surety Bond Form
This form must be utilized when securing a commercial utility deposit of $1,000 or more with a surety bond.
Certificate of Deposit or Time Deposit Receipt Requirements
This form must be followed when a bank issues a Certificate of Deposit or a Time Deposit Receipt to secure a commercial utility deposit of $500 or more. Also, the bank must issue a letter to Florence Utilities stating that a utility hold is being placed on the certificate. See attached Sample Bank Letter.