Florence Utilities application process includes electricity, gas, water/wastewater and/or garbage services. Florence Utilities requires a security deposit for each account. When an account is closed, the deposit is credited toward the final bill, and any credit balance is refunded to the customer. Customer must be at least nineteen (19) years old to sign for utility service. The following information must be provided.
- Two forms of identification - Valid driver's license or state identification card and social security card.
- Copy of lease or rent receipt, if property is not owned.
- A notarized application is required if it is not signed in person at Florence Utilities.
- Authorization is required if an officer of the company does not make application for utility service.
A commercial utility deposit is required for all businesses. A commercial deposit quote may be obtained in advance by calling, emailing, or faxing the Customer Service Supervisor. Commercial Deposits can be secured in the following manner:
- Cash, check, or credit/debit card.
- Surety Bond Form - (legal size)-This form can be utilized when securing a commercial utility deposit of $1,000 or more with a surety bond.
- Certificate of Deposit or Time Deposit Receipt Requirements-This form can be used when a bank issues a Certificate of Deposit or a Time Deposit Receipt to secure a commercial utility deposit of $500 or more. Also, the bank must issue a letter to Florence Utilities stating that a utility hold is being placed on the certificate. See attached Sample Bank Letter.
Submit all applications & forms to:
City of Florence Utilities
Municipal Building, Room 106
110 West College Street
Florence, AL 35630
The One Stop Shop/Business Development page is available for all businesses, and provides valuable resources and information for starting a business in Florence.
FLORENCE UTILITIES SERVICE CHARGES
Certain charges are made for routine or special services, and are paid by the customers receiving the service, rather than being added to everyone's rates. The charges are made to recover a portion of the expense incurred by your Utility Department in providing these services.
Charges are made for the following services*:
- New service-Residential $150 Deposit plus $30 connection fee.
- New service-Commercial-Please call or email Customer Service Supervisor for Deposit Quote.
- First time service
- Transfer of existing service-$30 fee.
- Same day service-extra $30.
- Reconnection-$40 during business hours, $60 after-hours.
- Collection of payment at the service address-$25
- Returned checks-$30
- Trips to the service address by customer request-$30 or determined by service requested.
- Trips to test a meter by customer request, where the meter is determined to be accurate.-$15
- Trips for special meter readings at the customer's request-$15