BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF FLORENCE, ALABAMA, as follows:
Section 1. Sections 2-63 of the Code of Florence, Alabama, as amended, is hereby repealed upon the provisions of this Ordinance becoming effective.
Section 2. In lieu thereof the following section is adopted, to-wit:
Sec. 2-63. Order of business.
The order of business shall be as follows:
- A call to order.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll call; establish quorum.
- Approval of Agenda.
- Message from mayor, if any.
- Reports of department heads, if requested.
- Reports of standing council committees.
- Public hearings.
- Business from floor pertaining to items on the consent and regular agenda (5-minute time limit).
- Consent agenda: All matters listed within the consent agenda will be distributed to each member of the city council for reading and study; these matters are considered to be routine, and will be enacted by one motion of the council with no separate discussion. If separate discussion is desired on any item, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the regular agenda by request. Please call 760-6400 for questions on consent agenda items prior to the council meeting.
- Approval of previous council meeting(s) minutes;
- Auditing Accounts and authorization;
- Regular agenda.
- General Business.
- Business from the public (5-minute time limit).
- Council members' reports and/or comments.
- Motion to adjourn.
This ordinance shall go into effect upon its passage, approval, and publication as provided by law.