Large Yard Waste/Curbside Trash Collection
Heavy trash is large yard waste, furniture, and material from minor household projects such as cabinets or toilets.
A pile (including brush) must not exceed four (4) feet in height, ten (10) feet in length and five (5) feet in depth. If the pile exceeds these dimensions, it will NOT meet the requirements of acceptable heavy trash and will be left for disposal by the residential customer.
The city will pick up grass clippings if they are bagged (resolution April 1990) and placed at the curb away from obstacles.
- Items shall be placed no more than two feet from the street's edge, approximately five (5) feet from other obstacles such as mailboxes, utility poles, fences, and parked cars.
- Avoid placing large brush and bulky items under low-hanging tree limbs, utility lines or cables.
- Do not place large trash or piles of trash on top of a water meter.
The following items and locations DO NOT qualify for curbside trash pickup:
- Household garbage of any kind
- Commercial businesses, commercially generated heavy trash/large yard waste or tree removal service (Code 1991, § 22-128; Ord. No. 1993-10, § 2, 4-20-1993)
- Construction, demolition or remodeling materials (to include but not limited to: drywall, siding, concrete, bricks, blocks, dirt, rocks, etc. (Code 1991, § 22-130; Ord. No. 1993-10, § 2, 4-20-1993; Ord. No. 1997-11, § 10, 1-7-1997; Ord. No. 2003-01, § 1, 10-1-2002)
- Dead animals
- Property vegetation clearance (lot clearing)
- Freon containing appliances or electronics