Frequently Asked Questions

What are the responsibilities of the City Engineering Department?

What is the procedure for getting a speed cushion installed on a city street?

Who are the members of the Traffic Committee?

What is the difference between "speed cushions" and "speed bumps?"

What is the "85th Percentile Speed"? 

Can "Children at Play" signs be posted on my street?

Can additional stop signs be placed at an intersection to create a "4-Way Stop" or "All-Way Stop" intersection system?

What are the requirements for placement of a traffic signal system?

What do I do if I have a drainage problem?

Does the City require a permit to work in a right-of-way or an easement and how much does it cost?

Does the City Engineering Department require any other permits?

How do I get my street paved?

Who is responsible for the traffic signal systems in Florence?

State routes within the city include the following:

What is the procedure for getting a sidewalk repaired?

What is the procedure for constructing a driveway turnout?

What is the procedure for subdivision acceptance?

Are there any standard construction details for public works improvements in the City?