Broadway Recreation Center
300 N Broadway St
Florence, AL 35630
Virtual Tour of Broadway Recreation Center
Nicole McIntyre - firstname.lastname@example.org - 256-760-6419
Monday-Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm
Youth Hours (Ages 8-15):
Summer: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-5:00pm
School Year: Tuesday-Friday; 2:00-5:00pm
Recreation Youth Programs held at Broadway:
- Board Games/Puzzles - Checkers, Dominoes, Scrabble, Connect Four, Operation, Trouble, etc.
- Billiards - Play billiards on one of our two billiards tables and one table can covert to Table Tennis.
- Card Games - UNO, Slam, Go-Fish, Skip-Bo, Phase 10, etc.
- Inside Gym Activities: Basketball, Jump Rope, Dodgeball, Obstacle Course, Physical Fitness Activities, etc.
- Outside Field Activities- Kickball, Wiffle Ball, Baseball, Softball, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee, Field Day Activities, Obstacle courses, etc.
- Arts & Crafts - Card Making, Making Holiday Gifts/Cards, Painting, Color Pages , etc.
- Playground - We do have a small one located on our property for the kids to play.
- Homework Help - If your child needs help with their homework, our staff is equipped to help that young student with their school assignments.
A low impact exercise class for senior citizens is offered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:45am - 10:30 am. Lifewise registration is required, contact Betty Burdine 256-768-8056. Instructor is Pam Kirkland.
Certified fitness instructor, Linda Clanton, teaches Aerobics on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:30 - 9:30 am and Yoga on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 - 9:30 am. The fee is $20 per month to attend any or all classes.
Pickleball courts are open Mondays & Wednesdays 11:00am-2:00pm; Thursdays 10:00am-2:00pm
Summer hours Mondays & Wednesday 11:00am-1:00pm; Thursdays 10:00am-12:00pm (last week of May till first week of August). 256-760-6418.
Recreational Baton classes age 4 and up. Instructor is Mary Anne Spears (Take the Stage Twirling); Register at www.takethestagetwirl.com or contact Mary Anne at 256-366-1918.
Line Dance Class
We usually have a Couples Line Dance class thats starts in February, a Spring Individual class that starts late March to early April, and a Fall Individual class that starts early to mid September. Instructor is Jan Ownby. For more information call Jan at 256-627-0052.