Online Reservation System Coming Soon!!
Shelter & Facility Rentals
The Florence Park and Recreation Department offers rentals for outdoor shelters, camp sites, indoor facilities, and entire game fields.
Available for rent at McFarland Park, Veteran's Memorial Park and Martin Parks. Cost is $20 per hour (2 Hour Minimum) and all day is $80. Shelter reservations are non-refundable and are taken through our central office at 256-760-6416. The River Heritage Pavilion can be reserved for various types of parties, reunions, weddings, luncheons, and numerous other events. Please call the Parks and Recreation Central Office at (256) 760-6416 for pricing and availability.
Need to have a birthday party, shower, meeting or other event? Contact one of our local Recreation Facilities for availability. Cost is $20 per hour.
- Broadway Recreation Center
- Royal Ave. Recreation Center
- Florence Senior Citizen Center
- Handy Recreation Center
Need a large space to host an event, banquet, prom, dance, trade show, concert, sporting event, wedding, etc.? Please call us at (256) 760-6389 and our helpful personnel will be glad to help you coordinate your event.
Contact the Athletic Office for rental of Athletic Fields. For more information, call (256) 760-6628.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much does rental of your facilities cost?
Please note that rental times includes setup and take down
Handy Recreation Center - $20.00 Per Hour
Handy is used for birthday parties, wedding & baby showers. It has enough room to be comfortable for any of these events. Call (256) 760-6435 to book your next event.
Broadway Recreation Center - $20.00 Per Hour
Broadway is used for several different events such as birthday parties, showers, meetings & different social events. To book your next event, call (256) 760-6418.
Royal Avenue Recreation Center - $20.00 Per Hour
Royal Ave. can be used for birthday parties, showers, family reunions, weddings & receptions. For rental information, call (256) 760-6425
Senior Center - $20.00 Per Hour
Our Social Room is available to rent for your birthday parties, showers, family reunions & different social events. To book the Senior Center, call (256) 760-6420
Camp Site / Campground Rental Information (Brochure)
With two beautiful campgrounds next to the Tennessee River, you're sure to enjoy your stay. The campgrounds provide RV and tent camping with electrical and water connections, sewer hookups, waste stations, bathhouse and laundry facilities. McFarland Park has 60 campsites. Campgrounds are currently open year-round. Our policy is first come first serve. There is a 21-day maximum length of each stay. During the months of September through April there is no limit on the length of stay. For more information call (256) 760-6416 or (256) 740-8817.
Fees: Effective January 1, 2018
$25 per night
$20 per night
$20 per night-requires valid permit
Primitive Tent Camping:
$14 per night
- Campground speed is 5 MPH.
- Visiting hours are from 7:00am-11:00pm. Quiet time is 11:00pm-7:00am. McFarland Park closes @ 11:00pm
- Campers must keep non-transferable permit in vehicle to show Park Police, Park Patrol or Camp Host if requested. No subleasing campsites allowed.
- RV & tent - up to 2 vehicles are allowed per site where space is available. RV & tent on one site requires 2 fees unless tent is for children 12 and under.
- Oversized vehicles that interfere with flow of traffic or adjacent campsite should be parked in the visitor parking area.
- RV must occupy site immediately upon paying for campsite. Sites cannot be held, parking a vehicle or setting a chair does not constitute occupancy.
- RV may not be left unoccupied for more than 24 hours. The site is for camping only and may not be used to store a RV or any type of camper.
- If a RV must temporarily leave the campsite, please notify the camp office to obtain a site marker. Site should not be vacated for more than 12 hours.
- Campfires must be contained and extinguished when unattended. Campers are welcome to use fireplaces in the shelters if not reserved.
- Only charcoal is to be used in picnic grills.
- Pets are welcome and must be kept on a leash. Proof of vaccinations may be required. Limit of 2 pets. Pet owner must clean up after pets.
- Campers are not allowed to play or ride bicycles, skateboard or scooters in or around the bath house or shelters.
- NO unauthorized motorized or battery powered vehicles permitted in the park (ATVs, golf carts, tail bikes, hoverboard, scooters, etc.)
- Clotheslines are not permitted.
- Health Department regulations require proper disposal of all holding tanks. Insure hoses do not leak and are properly inserted in the sewer outlet.
- Fireworks and alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the park or campground area.
- Deposit all trash in the dumpsters provided at each end of the campground.
- Do not cut, nail or scar plants or trees
- During times of full occupancy, the 1st RV/vehicle in line at the entrance gate will be the first served when a site becomes available. Renting sites for others is prohibited.
A complete list of rules and guidelines can be picked up at the McFarland Campground Office.