Online Reservation System Coming Soon!!
Shelter & Facility Rentals
The Florence Park and Recreation Department offers rentals ranging from outdoor shelters for family gatherings to camp sites to indoor facilities to entire game fields. If you event is big enough, consider renting our coliseum for the evening or an entire weekend! The coliseum is the perfect size for your event. Not too big and not too small. Perfect for concerts, sporting events, boat and RV shows, gun shows and even wedding receptions.
Please call us at (256) 760-6389 and our helpful personnel will be glad to help you coordinate your event.
Available for rent at McFarland Park, Veteran's Memorial Park and Martin Parks. Cost is $10 per hour (2 Hour Minimum). Shelter reservations are non-refundable and are taken through our central office at 256-760-6416. The River Heritage Pavilion can be reserved for various types of parties, reunions, weddings, luncheons, and numerous other events. Please call the Parks and Recreation Central Office at (256) 760-6416 for pricing and availability.
Need to have a birthday party, shower, meeting or other event? Contact one of our local Recreation Facilities for availability. Cost is $20 per hour. Please Note: Rental times include set up and take down.
- Broadway Recreation Center
- Royal Ave. Recreation Center
- Florence Senior Citizen Center
- Handy Recreation Center
Need a large space to host an event, banquet, prom, dance, trade show, etc.? Contact the Florence-Lauderdale Coliseum for fees and charges. (256) 760-6389
Contact the Athletic Office for rental of Athletic Fields. For more information, call (256) 760-6628.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much does rental of your facilities cost?
Rental Prices for All Recreation Centers
Please note that rental times includes setup and take down
Handy Recreation Center - $20.00 Per Hour
Handy is used for birthday parties, wedding & baby showers. It has enough room to be comfortable for any of these events. Call (256) 760-6435 to book your next event.
Broadway Recreation Center - $20.00 Per Hour
Broadway is used for several different events such as birthday parties, showers, meetings & different social events. To book your next event, call (256) 760-6418.
Royal Avenue Recreation Center - $20.00 Per Hour
Royal Ave. can be used for birthday parties, showers, family reunions, weddings & receptions. For rental information, call (256) 760-6425
Senior Center - $20.00 Per Hour
Our Social Room is available to rent for your birthday parties, showers, family reunions & different social events. To book the Senior Center, call (256) 760-6420
Camp Site / Campground Rental Information
With two beautiful campgrounds next to the Tennessee River, you're sure to enjoy your stay. The campgrounds provide RV and tent camping with electrical and water connections, sewer hookups, waste stations, bathhouse and laundry facilities. McFarland Park has 60 campsites. Campgrounds are currently open year round. Our policy is first come first serve. There is no limit on the number of stays, only a limit on the maximum length of each stay (21 days). During the months of September through April there is no limit on the length of stay. For more information call (256) 760-6416 or (256) 740-8817.
Effective January 1, 2018
$25 per night
$20 per night
$20 per night-requires valid permit
Primitive Tent Camping:
$14 per night
- Check out is at noon
- Campground speed limit is 5 MPH
- Visiting hours are from 7am to 11pm. Park closes at 11:00pm -(Summer), 10:00p.m.-(Winter)
- Campfires are allowed at campsites if it is a contained portable fireplace
- Only charcoal is to be used in the picnic grills
- All pets must be kept on a leash. Per City Code, you are required to clean up after pets.
- Campers are not allowed to play, ride bicycles, skateboards, or scooters in or around the bathhouse or shelters.
- RV or tent and up to two vehicles are allowed per site when space is available. Other vehicles should be parked in the visitor parking area.
- Clotheslines are not allowed. Please use clothes racks to dry items.
- Health Dept. regulations require proper disposal of all holding tanks
- Fireworks, firearms and alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the park.
- No unauthorized motorized or battery powered vehicles are permitted in the park (ATVs, golf carts, trail bikes, etc,)
A complete list of rules and guidelines can be picked up at the McFarland Campground Office.