- YMCA of the Shoals: (256)246-9622
- Sheffield Recreation Center: (256)386-5615
For summer swimming lessons please register at the YMCA of the Shoals. Various classes are offered for infants through adults for the summer. A registration fee is charged. For more information please visit: http://www.ymcashoals.org/programs/aquatics/swim-lessons/ or call (256)246-9622.
1105 Beale Street
Florence, Al 35630
Phone no: 256-760-6435
Public Swim: Tuesday – Saturday 1:00pm-5:00pm, Sunday 1:30pm – 5:00pm
Admission fee: $1.00 Anyone entering the pool entrance must pay per individual, regardless of age, no exceptions.
Pool Rentals: Call 256-760-6435 for availability.
Royal Ave. Swimming Pool - Virtual Tour of Royal Ave. Pool
420 N. Royal Ave.
Florence, Al 35630
Phone no: 256-760-6425
Public Swim: Tuesday – Saturday 12:00pm-5:00pm
Swim Team: Monday – Friday 7:00am-9:00am
YMCA Swim Lessons: Monday – Thursday 9:00am-11:00am
Admission fee: $4.00 Anyone entering the pool entrance must pay per individual, regardless of age, no exceptions.
Pool Rentals: Call 256-760-6425 for availability.
Tuesday, Thursday – Saturday 6:15pm-8:15pm
Sundays 12:30pm-2:30pm, 3:00pm-5:00pm, 6:00pm-8:00pm
(Church group rentals only on Wed. and Sun.)
General pool rules: these rules apply anytime the pool is open to include groups and private rentals. Lifeguards are in complete charge of the pool and the pool deck areas. All lifeguard directives must be obeyed for everyone’s safety.
- No running, pushing or horseplay.
- No swearing, profanity or obscene gestures.
- No hanging on ladders or ropes.
- No music allowed without earphones.
- Pool staff instructions must be obeyed.
- Children 10 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children in the kiddie pool must be accompanied by an adult.
- No glass containers.
- No spitting.
- No tobacco, alcohol, vaping, or controlled substances allowed in the pool area. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave immediately.
- No climbing /blocking lifeguard stands.
- No animals.
- All children not potty trained must wear a swim diaper.
- All guests must be clear of the pool area by designated closing time.
- Only staff members allowed in Lifeguard Room.
- Anyone leaving fenced pool area must pay for readmission.
- No diving in the Recreation Pool at Royal Ave.
- Animals are not allowed in the pool area unless in accordance with Americans Disabilities Act or by special event hosted by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- No refunds or rainchecks given if the pool must close due to inclement weather.
Additional group pool rules: These group rules apply to any group of 10 or more people.
- All groups using the pool on a weekly basis must pre-schedule days and times before the season begins.
- No groups allowed with more than 25 swimmers without prior approval – at least 24 hours in advance.
- A group leader must check in with the Pool Manager.
- Each group will leave a list of names of swimmers and chaperones and person in charge with the Pool Manager.
- All groups will have a minimum of one responsible adult chaperone (21 years or older) to every 10 swimmers. (example: 10 children – at least one adult, 15 children – at least two adults, 21 children will need three chaperones)
- Chaperones are to remain on pool deck at all times.
- Children that cannot swim should be in the Kiddie Pool with a chaperone.
- If part of the group is in the Kiddie Pool and part of the group in the other pools, a chaperone must be posted at all pools.
- Those children who do not have permission to swim are not allowed on the pool deck without a chaperon.
Private rental pool rules:
- The pool may not be rented for monetary gain.
- All participants at a private pool rental must be by invitation only.
- Guests are limited to the maximum number paid for on the Rental Agreement.
- Guest must remain in the pool area during the rental.
- All guests must be clear of the pool area by designated end time.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult in while in the Kiddie Pool area.
- No refunds for cancelled reservations.
- Florence Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel any rental that does not comply with all rules.
- Pool rentals must be completed at least 2 weeks in advance of the rental date.
Pool rental fees: Dates for pool rentals will not be reserved until the Pool Rental Agreement is completed and the rental fee is paid. If a pool party is canceled before the start time, due to weather, a party may be rescheduled. Once a pool party begins, it will not be rescheduled.
$200.00 Up to 75 people (includes Rec. Pool and Kiddie Pool)
$220.00 76-100 people (includes Rec. Pool and Kiddie Pool)
$275.00 101-300 people (includes Competition pool, Rec. Pool and Kiddie Pool)