TENNIS & PICKLEBALL COURTS
Cox Creek Parkway - Tennis Courts
(12 lighted tennis courts)
251 Fairground Rd.
Florence, Al 35630
Martin Park - Tennis / Pickleball Courts - Virtual Tour of Veteran's Memorial Park
(6 lighted tennis courts, 3 of the 6 courts are lined for pickleball)
420 N Royal Ave.
Florence, Al 35630
Veteran’s Memorial Park - Tennis / Pickleball Courts - Virtual Tour of Veteran's Memorial Park
6 lighted tennis courts, 3 of the 6 courts are lined for pickleball)
220 Veteran’s Park Dr.
Florence, Al 35630
To report maintenance issues please call 256-760-6416.
Tennis Court Lights:
- Lights are on timers and are set to come on approximately 30 minutes before dark.
- Lights at the courts will remain programmed on until 10:00pm.
- Times may be adjusted if deemed necessary by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- No lights will be programmed to stay on past 10:00pm.
Tennis Court Rules:
- Tennis courts are first-come, first-serve with exception to school practices, school matches, USTA League play, Men’s & Women’s League play and Pickleball League play. USTA practices are first-come, first-serve.
- Use of a tennis court shall be limited to one (1) hour if patrons are waiting.
- The basic rule of tennis etiquette should be observed at all times by players and spectators. (i.e. wait to retrieve balls that roll into or behind another court until other players have completed their point; refrain from loud talking/yelling in the court area if others are playing, etc.)
- Children are not allowed to run around the tennis courts unattended.
- Use of tennis courts shall at all times be subject to control of the Parks and Recreation Department, who shall determine the suitability of the courts for play.
- All players are expected and required to wear proper tennis attire at all times. Players may wear tennis shoes or gym shoes. Street shoes and sandals are not allowed.
- Bicycles, tricycles, skateboards, roller blades, skates, Heelys, Hoverboards, scooters, baby carriages, baby strollers or pets are not allowed on the tennis courts. Courts are only to be used for the games of tennis or pickleball. No other type of game is allowed on the courts such as dodgeball, spike ball, etc. Pickleball is allowed at Veteran’s Park and Martin Park.
- Water bottles only inside fenced area. No canned beverages or glass containers are allowed, as spilled drinks stain the surface. No gum is allowed while on the courts.
- The tennis courts may be closed at any time due to safety reason, necessary repairs or maintenance.
- The use of alcohol and tobacco use is prohibited at the courts and in all City Parks.
- To assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the courts, players are expected to remove debris after completing play. Trash cans are located outside the courts for this purpose.
- No chairs are allowed inside the fenced court area. Wheelchairs with rubber wheels that are clean and fee of dirt & rocks are allowed.
- The courts are for recreational use only and may not be used for individual profit. Lessons and/or camps may only be provided/approved through the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Courts may not be striped for pickleball by anyone other than Parks and Recreation Department.
Court Reservations rules: Only Cox Creek Courts may be reserved for tennis tournaments. Veterans Park may be reserved for pickleball tournaments.
- Parks and Recreation programs take precedence over all other reservations. School programs and USTA Leagues, Men’s & Women’s Leagues, Pickleball Leagues will be scheduled based on availability with City schools receiving first priority, county schools receiving second priority and private schools receiving third priority.
- Individual reservations will be taken at the sole discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department. Other than the stated in #1, all courts are first come, first serve.
- All matches, tournament schedules and league schedules must be submitted in writing no less than two (2) weeks prior to the match, tournament, and/or league starting date.
- Middle School and High School requests must be submitted to the Athletic Office by November 15th of each year. *Number 3 of this section does not apply to these groups.
- Tournament dates must be requested and reserved at least 60 days in advance. An Athletic Facilities Application must be completed for consideration of tournaments. Forms are available at the Athletic Office at the Florence Sports Complex, 1 Sportsplex Drive. (256) 760-6628.
- Leagues and tournament organizers or any other groups using the courts will be responsible for any damages that may occur during their use.