7:00 am - 3:30 pm
The City of Florence offers weekly curbside recycling pick-up within city limits.
Recycling Drop-Off (City and Non-Residents)
The Recycling Plant at 1200 Terrace Street has bins located outside that are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Bins are available to anyone who wants to recycle.
Recycling Drop-Off Sites:
- Florence Recycling Center—1200 Terrace Street, Florence
- Florence Landfill—29485 County Road 14, Florence
- Lauderdale County Solid Waste Office—5100 Hwy. 157/Cloverdale Road, Florence
- Town of Killen Senior Center—227 J C Mauldin Hwy., Killen
- Town of Rogersville/Police Dept.—59 Patton Street, Rogersville
- St. Florian Area—County Road 61 (Behind Big Star Market), Florence
Curbside Pick-Up (City Residents Only)
- If you do not have a cart or have a problem with your cart, please call the Florence Recycling Department at 256-760-6495.
- Residents may place their recyclables curbside for weekly pickup. For most residents, recyclables are picked up on the same day as garbage.
- Please return your recycling and garbage carts to their storage area. Carts cannot be stored at curbside!
- Please place recycling cart curbside with 3 feet of clearance all around the cart. The handle and wheels should be toward your yard with the metal bar facing the street. Regular garbage carts should be positioned similarly.
Materials currently being collected curbside by the City of Florence:
- Cardboard—both corrugated and chipboard (boxes for cereal, laundry detergents, foods, canned drinks, etc.)
- Paper-All paper is recyclable. Shredded paper must be bagged.
- Aluminum—All aluminum is recyclable including cans, foil, gutters, lawn chairs, etc.
- Plastic—Bottles and jugs with a #1 or #2 in the triangle on the bottom. Examples include beverage bottles, shampoo containers, washing agents, etc
- Steel-Cans for food (rinsed, please) and other types of metal
- Motor Oil-Please leave it in a container curbside. No antifreeze, brake fluids, or cooking oils
- Cooking Oil-Put in an empty milk jug or 2 Liter soda bottle
Items Currently Unacceptable for Recycling
- Plastics, other than what is listed above (including food containers, dishes, wrapping plastics, shopping bags, etc.)
- Tubs with recycling numbers higher than #2 cannot be recycled. Butter and whipped topping tubs are examples of plastics Florence cannot recycle.
- Styrofoam (egg cartons, packing materials, cups, etc.)