The City of Florence offers weekly curbside recycling pick-up within city limits.
Recycling Drop-Off (City and Non-Residents)
The Recycling Plant at 1200 Terrace Street has bins located outside that are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Bins are available to anyone who wants to recycle.
Recycling Drop-Off Sites:
- Florence Recycling Center—1200 Terrace Street, Florence
- Florence Landfill—29485 County Road 14, Florence
- Lauderdale County Solid Waste Office—5100 Hwy. 157/Cloverdale Road, Florence
- Town of Killen Senior Center—227 J C Mauldin Hwy., Killen
- Town of Rogersville/Police Dept.—59 Patton Street, Rogersville
- St. Florian Area—County Road 61 (Behind Big Star Market), Florence
- Town of Lexington—11075 AL 101, Lexington
Curbside Pick-Up (City Residents Only)
Residential recycling is offered curbside throughout the city. Residents are given a blue 64-gallon recycle cart and may place their recyclables curbside for weekly pickup on the same day as their garbage pickup.
- If you do not have a cart, need an extra cart, or have a problem with your cart, please call the Florence Recycling Department at 256-760-6495.
- Please place recycling cart curbside with 3 feet of clearance all around the cart. The handle and wheels should be toward your yard with the metal bar facing the street. Regular garbage carts should be positioned similarly.
- Please return your recycling and garbage carts to their storage area. Carts cannot be stored at curbside!
Materials currently being collected curbside by the City of Florence:
- Cardboard—both corrugated and chipboard (boxes for cereal, laundry detergents, foods, canned drinks, etc.)
- Paper—All paper is recyclable. Shredded paper must be bagged to eliminate litter.
- Aluminum—All aluminum is recyclable including cans, foil, gutters, lawn chairs, etc.
- Plastic—Bottles and jugs with a #1 or #2 in the triangle on the bottom. Examples include beverage bottles, shampoo containers, washing agents, etc... Please empty liquids in plastic bottles.
- Steel—Cans for food (lightly rinsed) and other types of metal
Recyclable Materials - Drop Off Only
The following materials CANNOT be placed in the cart for curbside pickup. Must be dropped off at the Florence Recycle Center at 1200 Terrace Street.
- Motor Oil—Motor oil must be labeled. No antifreeze, brake fluids, or other hazardous liquids.
- Cooking Oil—can also be put in a labeled jug and left at the Florence Recycle Center on Terrace Street.
- Electronics—TVs and CRT monitors are no longer accepted curbside. Please dispose of at the Florence Recycle Center or Florence Landfill Scales, 29485 CO Rd14, Florence.
Items Currently Unacceptable for Recycling
- Plastics, other than those listed above (including food containers, dishes, wrapping plastics, shopping bags, etc...)
- Tubs with recycling numbers higher than #2 cannot be recycled. Butter and whipped topping tubs are examples of plastics that Florence cannot recycle.
- Styrofoam (egg cartons, packing materials, cups, etc...)